The Ram Pub Company operates an industry standard portfolio of traditional tenancy agreements. You will have a limited responsibility for repairs and decoration to the pub. You will pay a competitive, market rent in return for a full tie on beer, wines and spirits.
As a Ram Pub Company tenant you can expect the following benefits:
- A range of tenancy agreements to chose from.
- Rent reviews annually in line with the Retail Price Index (upwards or downwards).
- The Ram Pub Company retains responsibility for the repair of the main exterior and structural repairs.
- Machine income is shared between us.
- All alcoholic drinks are supplied by the Ram Pub Company. There is no tie for soft drinks, minerals or food.
- Tenants are free to determine their own retail prices for all tied and non-tied products, food or other goods and services.
- Last but not least, we will pay for your first year’s membership of the BII.
In some cases the Ram Pub Company may consider granting a lease instead of a tenancy. A Ram Pub Company lease means that you will assume full responsibility for all repairs and decorations to the pub. Leases have five yearly open market rent reviews and can be for terms up to twenty years.
BUSINESS BUILDING SUPPORT FROM THE RAM PUB COMPANY
Running your own pub business can be challenging but with the right business partner, it can also be very rewarding. The Ram Pub Company offers a choice of business agreements tailored to your individual requirements. We offer a flexible range of agreement types which all come with an exceptional support package to help provide you with the tools, skills and expertise to build your own successful business including:
- Extensive range of beers & ciders, wines & spirits available through Charles Wells Brewery with specialised wines & spirits sales development from Berkmann Wine Cellars.
- Monthly “Hop Cellar” Initiative, offering a selection of up to 3 additional cask ales per month to add flexibility and variation to current portfolios.
- Payment of your first year’s membership of the BII.
- Training is provided by the Ram Pub Company, through a bespoke solution of 28 e-learning courses from CPL Online. All this is provided for our tenants and their employees free of charge to help enhance and develop their skills. Further training is provided by working in conjunction with our major suppliers. All courses are certificated and many of our courses such as Health & Safety, NCPLH & Employment law and Cellar Management are accredited
- Tenants 3 day Induction “Essentials of Pub Management” delivered by our training partners CPL Training
- Two qualifications awarded – ABCQ – Award in Beer & Cellar Quality Management and BII Level 2 Award in Hospitality Operations – ALHO:
- Other face to face training delivered by our training partners CPL Training:
- Developing your business (3 Day course)
- BIIAB Level 2 Award in Beer and Cellar Quality - Cask and Keg (ABCQ)
- Exceeding Customer Expectations
- Creating the right experience and More
- Social Media – basic and advanced – Digital All Stars
- Merchandising and Marketing
- BIIAB Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders (APLH)
- WSET Level 1
- Engaging & Motivating your team
- Motivational Leadership
- Multi Site Operations
- Conflict Management
- Our business partners can count on the following support:
- Dedicated Business development managers to support you every step of the way.
- Marketing & promotional support including:
- Promotional activity throughout the year, co-ordinated by a dedicated Sales and Marketing Manager.
- Individual pub website design and build, professional photography, logo, menus, posters, business cards, flyers, and other collateral design and print; marketing and social media advice; data capture and e-marketing advice and solutions; quarterly RamPage dedicated tenants magazine/marketing brief full of advice, news, recipes, and what’s on;
- Bespoke support for individual pub events, and sporting occasions in conjunction with suppliers.
- Bespoke mystery customer programme designed to provide feedback on all areas of your business. The programme includes high street vouchers as rewards for those scoring 98% and above.
- Annual Awards day “Round-Up” – Recognising tenants’ success, achievements and contributions to the business.
- Vianet – idraught – helping licensees deliver the perfect pint, improve margins, drive best practice in the bar, reduce operating costs and identify and remove waste.
- Leisure Machine Management - click here for more information or click here for AWP Agreement
- Rating Revaluation Service from Gerald Eve - click here for more information
- Repairs and Maintenance Guide – click here for more information